Friday, September 14, 2018

The Glittering Court (Book one) by Richelle Mead

Title:The Glittering Court by Richelle Mead
Publication Date: April 5, 2016
Publisher: Razorbill 
Book Summary
The Glittering Court is book one in the series which follows Adelaide, a girl who goes from royalty to being a runaway. She is a heir of a family line but, decides to escape an arranged marriage by being apart of the Glittering Court which is a competition between common girls to find there way into a royal life style. 

Adelaide - Her character reminded me a lot like Rose from Vampire Academy. She has the same attitude as Rose when it came to following directions but, Adelaide also stands apart from her. She is royal. She did runaway from her home life similar to Rose running. I loved her character.

Cedric - I wished his character was in the story more.. I think he could use his own book because he seemed so interesting. He is a bit rebellious. I enjoyed every scene with him.

Tamsin-I didn't really like her character. I don't know how I will be able to read book #3 since it's in her point of view. Maybe her book will shed a better light on her. I thought she was extremely selfish.

Mira-I can not wait to read her story in book #2 she seemed like a badass character. She seems to have a big secret and I can't wait to see if my theories are correct.

+/- 
(+)The romance in this book is light but, enjoyable
(-)I skipped a few pages here and there. 
(+) Cedric 
(-) Wish there was more historical to it 
(-)Governor's son. He sucks 


This book was a light read for me and took me about two years to actually read it. I still haven't even read my little sample book of it from when I bought Soundless. I'm not sure I will like this series like I do Vampire Academy. Glittering court was a fast read for me, I liked the book. It could of been way better. 

Rating:3/5
Cover:3/5


No comments:

Post a Comment