Friday, July 22, 2011

Brother/Sister



Title: Brother/Sister by Sean Olin 
Publication date:June 9, 2011
Publisher: Razorbill
Bought via Amazon


I really love how the book is intense making me sitting on the edge wondering what happened??!!    


Will is the older brother of Asheley and one of the point of views in the book. Will is awkward socially and is the opposite of his sister who is a bit  shy. He is very protective of his sister and becomes over protective.  He has sort of these feelings towards his sister (which she doesn't return) he began to do something drastic as a response to how he feels towards her (sorry don't want to spoil it)   Unlike Asheley he has a strong dislike for his father as he remembers a lot of him and how he left.  

Asheley isn't aware of how her brother feels until the motel scene. She ends up becoming scared of the person she thought would protect her. I get the naive feel when reading in her POV she doesn't seem to notice a lot that goes on around her and she stuck on thinking her father cared and wanted them.  I got the feel that she likes her boyfriend Craig but, at times he is too much for her. 

Keith- The mothers boyfriend who Will believes has a thing for Asheley. Whether that is true or not isn't really known. He checks up on the kids while their mother is at rehab. 

Mother- Their mother is the drunk and she becomes sober for four months before having to go to rehab leaving the kids living on their own.

The dad scene- That scene touched me because as a girl growing up with divorced parents and being young it is hard to see the bad that happened before. I think the whole part with the kid coming out was like a betrayal towards his kids. Him leaving damaged both of them but more so Will. 

The ending- The ending is a bit confusing to me which makes me want to reread the book and figure out what the heck did I miss. 

The Writing: The writing is pretty good and kept me focused without noticing any mistakes or not. 

Overall, I enjoyed this book even thought normally I don't read books mysterious like this and glad the cover caught my eye. 

Rate: 4/5
Cover: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment