Saturday, July 23, 2011

Possession



Title: Possession by Elana Johnson 
Publication Date: June 7,2011
Publisher: Simon Pulse


(I required this read from Simon Pulse It... It is a site that has some of its titles available to read for a certain amount of days.)


My Rate: 4.5/5 


I loved how the author created this world showing how technology plays a huge part. These people were so into the technology it ended up controlling a lot of them and having silly rules. I also felt like this book was a page turner keeping me ready to turn the page and action packed. I enjoy a lot of action packed moments (I mean punching people....daring escapes....) I can't even word this review right without wanting to give stuff away. 


Silly little rules..... I swear they are meant to be broken! ;)


Vi-Let's just say her character is the kind of chick that makes me enjoy reading books. She is bad and not afraid to break the rules. She is also showed with a sense of not so tough with her fears. This makes her feel real and she finds her perfect match and side kick. 


Jag- A bad boy with a sense of hotness. I really enjoyed him and found a soft spot in my heart for his character.  


Zenn- I admired his protection of Vi but, it wasn't enough to stop him from being controlled. It wasn't also enough to make me find him deemed worthy of Vi. 




Near the beginning of the book, I was Team Jag. I mean sure Zenn seems like a cutie or what not but; Jag/Vi have like that spark. 


The ending isn't my favorite... I kind of felt like Vi, and wanted to throw a few punches. 


Writing: Very well written and kept me glued to the pages. 4/5


Cover: We had this kid in my design class we called him white space then his name. The cover has too much white space. I love the idea of the butterfly in the cube though. I give the cover a 3.5/5 


"The paper contained two words: Fly, babe."

I shredded it into little pieces. Fly? The stupid boy wanted me to fly? I'd fly off the handle when I caught up to him. Then he'd see me fly."

No comments:

Post a Comment