Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Flat-Out Love




Title: Flat-Out Love by Jessica Park

Publication Date: 
Publisher:CreateSpace
E-Book via Author


This book is unique with how it is a love story but, has a dramatic tale with in the story.  The story is about a girl (Julie) who is about to start her Freshman year at College and her apartment became a nightmare. She ends up meeting a nerdy/geeky boy (Matthew) who has a taste in shirts that she doesn't like.  She ends up living with this family were the daughter who is also Matthew's sister Celeste has a cardboard cut out of her older brother Finn.  She idolizes this older brother who is on these worldly adventures. Julie befriends the brother on Facebook and connects with him. Julie sets out to find out what the truth behind this family is and what the deal with the cut out is really about.  

I really enjoyed reading this book and at first I didn't know what I was expecting but, so glad that I had the chance to read it.  I have to say a big thanks to the author, Jessica Park for giving me the chance to read her book and letting me review it.   It is a really good book to read, if you get the chance. 

 I might end up buying a cardboard cut out of my dog.... just to chase her around and to see what she would do... (Must likely will end up eating it though....)

Julie- I like Julie's character even if I don't have the same fondness she has about learning well more so literature, sure I read but, not so much a fan of English class.... (shh don't tell my old teachers that).  I enjoy that she has a bit of wit even if it isn't a huge wit like (Tosh.0 but still got me to laugh).  I love how Julie is helpful and finds a way to help the family.

Matt- His character sounds yummy.... I mean tall guys just have this hotness to them? and His dirty blonde hair...except then his t-shirt kind of gives the idea off maybe he isn't too hot like Alex Pettyfer. I like how he is a geek but, in like a hot geek way. 

The family- Not all is what seems when the family is introduced. I loved the family and how they let Julie into their lives. The family has secrets. 

Facebook/networking- I love how this is in the book because most 99% of the world is on some sort of social networking site as for the other 1% they might either 1) live under a nice rock or 2) refer to the internet as evil.


Polar Bear jumping/winter run in the water- When I was a kid during winter this was a huge thing, I liked hearing about it. Plus seeing Matt come to the rescue even in his annoyingly Matt way was cute. 
In a non-spoiler way, the ending was completely shocking!!! I kind of suspected part of what might happen towards the ending chapter but, then I was like no...it wouldn't happen... 

Julie's thoughts on Jared- Oh my! I completely loved that part.... Maybe it was evil thoughts from an ex but, at least she had support for her reason :D 


Rating:4.8/5

Cover- 4/5 The cover is unique in a basic way. 
Writing- 4/5 It was good :)
Unique ness- 5/5 this story definitively was not what I was expecting... but, that is a good thing. 
Flat Finn Status update: "Got strapped to the roof of the car today for a trip to Starbucks."

No comments:

Post a Comment