Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Roadside Assistance




Title: Roadside Assistance by Amy Clipston

Publication Date: April 11th 2011 
Publisher: Zondervan
Borrowed from Library

Zander- I really loved how he goes by Zander instead of his full name Alexander.  I love how he is really nice instead of acting like most 'jocks' would. He also doesn't mind Emma's help with the car and actually admires her for it. I disliked how pushy he was with the religion though. 

Emma- I loved her being the main focus throughout the story because I got to see her grow as a person. She lost her mother to cancer and has to go through life without her mother. She also has to endure not being 'perfect' like her cousin in her Grandma's eyes.  I also loved how Emma got back into her faith. 

Emma's aunt- I really did not like her aunt. I think she was trying to control both Emma and Whitney too much.  

Whitney- In the start of the story, I got the feel that she was stuck up. However, throughout the book you can see that she wasn't all that bad and tried to help her cousin. Emma second guesses what her motives are not being able to believe that she might truly care. Whitney did over react a bit during the church scene

The letter/diary entries- The scene where Emma finds the letter is sad but, I loved it.. I also enjoyed reading the diary entries/letters Emma addresses to her mother that way she can keep in touch with her mother even after her death 

Cover- I believe the cover reflects what the story is about. I think it is really beautiful 


Rating: 4/5 
Cover: 4.8/5

No comments:

Post a Comment