Sunday, January 22, 2012

Touch of Frost by Jennifer Estep

                         
Touch of Frost (Mythos Academy, #1)

Title: Touch of Frost by Jennifer Estep

Publication Date: July 26,2011
Publisher: K-Teen 
Purchased the book at Wal-mart 

           Book Summary 
Gwen Frost is a gypsy girl with no friends who is stuck at Mythos Academy after her mother dies in a drunk driving accident. The academy is filled with kids with abilities, magic or being a Spartan. After one of the popular pretty girls ends up dying Gwen is determined to figure out who killed and enduring some twist on the way and even bumping into hot Spartan guy Logan. 


Morgan/Samson storyline- O-M-Gosh. I don't want to give much away since this has a lot to do with the book but, I seriously wanted to smack a ho. :) 

Logan-*drool worthy* He is apparently the school's man-whore but, that is okay because he is sexy and can fight like a beast.... I actually found his character interesting even though he seems like the man whore.. I was disappointed when Gwen didn't want to invade his privacy...(I guess I just really wanted to know if he was the schools walking STD or if he was really secretly a virgin LOL) 

Vic the talking sword- I love the talking sword... I have to say, I wish I had a talking sword. It gives a humorous side to fighting.

Overall, I enjoyed this book but, it was a rough start as most first books into a series are starting out. Some of the language used in it bothered me but, not to much to make me put it down. I found Gwen character fun and interesting at times. I also felt for the stuck-up snobs even when some of them deserved to be slapped. 

I kept picking this book up at Wal-mart interested in it but, it took me after the third time of grabbing it to ask my mom to buy it. I was glad because I really enjoyed this book. I like action type books with fighting.... The book also has some wit to it which is good to :). I will hopefully be picking up the next book in this series.
 
Cover- 4/5
Rating-3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment