Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Kiss of Frost by Jennifer Estep


                                               Kiss of Frost (Mythos Academy, #2)
Title: Kiss of Frost by Jennifer Estep (Mythos Academy book 2)

Publication Date: November 29, 2011
Publisher: K-Teen 
Purchased the book at Wal-mart

                    Book Summary
Gwen a second year student at Mythos Academy has been at the academy for half a semester already. Having to deal with a broken heart by the same person who happens to be training her. When she accidentally touches Oliver's notebook it leads her to some trouble. Is he the Reaper after her or is there more to him that meets the eye? 
 

Logan Freaking Quinn- I love this character.... I mean he is like the bad boy type however, I don't like him with Gwen... I might be just a bit butt-hurt over the fact he is a man-whore and is with Savannah because he doesn't want to be with Gwen over some secret. 

Oliver- I have to say he is probably my favorite character other then Gwen.


Oliver's notebook- The author took me by surprise with who Oliver's crush was. It was not who I was thinking or secretly hoping for.... I can't give it away because it is a major storyline in the book.... I must say WOW

Daphine/Gwen BFF- This friendship seems odd as Gwen is the outcast geek and Daphine is the gorgeous preppy type, I enjoy their friendship though. I find that it builds onto Daphine that she isn't as stuck up as she was in the first book.

 Fights- This book seemed to have more action in it then the first even though both are plenty action packed. Gwen gets involved with the fight scenes more then in the first one and actually wants to learn to fight for herself.   

Overall, I really enjoyed this book and has moments when I would kind of mentally yell at my book. I enjoy the academy setting and how it has fighting like my favorite book series Vampire Academy. Even though Gwen isn't as ass kicking as Rose, she does have a bit of wit to her. I really enjoyed the second book way more then the first.... (I did read it in order...even though I kept trying to bring home this one first...)

Rating:4.5/5

Cover: 4.9/5 (As a Graphic Designer, I love great covers and this one happens to be a favorite of mine.)

No comments:

Post a Comment