Saturday, March 17, 2012

Lies Beneath

        Lies Beneath (Lies Beneath #1) 
Title: Lies Beneath by Anne Greenwood Brown 
Publication Date: June 12th 2012

Publisher: Delacorte Books
ARC E-book via Netgalley 

Summary
    Calder White and his three sisters live in the dept of Lake Superior. They are bent on revenge because of the promise that lead to their mother's death. They prey on humans killing them in order to absorb their energy that the mermaids do not have. Calder sets his eyes on Lily in order to get to her father in order to receive his freedom.


+1 Opening sentence.... nothing like starting a book with a killer. 
I thought mermaids were friendly creatures.... I mean Little mermaid didn't look like a killer to me?  

I feel weird reading in a male point of view especially when he thinks about having his ways with girls.... Killing poor innocent girls. 

The ending was freaking impressive!!!!  I fell in love with the ending but, the beginning of the book was such a dread... At first I was like, if there is a second book I refuse to read it but, the ending gave me hope of enjoyment with the second. Not enough for a higher rating to this book though.

Stalker Calder-At first I wasn't too keen on the character and his narration left me bored a lot of the time when reading this. I did however started liking him after he felt a deeper connection to Lily.

Lily- I really enjoyed her character she was entertaining. 

Tallulah- I liked that she seemed to be the only sister who seemed to care about Calder. She wasn't a favorite but, I admired her until certain events. 

Maris- She is a lovely bitter witch...... well not really a witch but, you know what I mean... I hated how she was so controlling of her sisters and Calder. 

Jack-I disliked him.... he seems like a perfect match for Maris.... They both can be bitter together....except Jack wasn't really bitter just a jerk... I liked when Calder messed with him... Serves him right for trying to get with Lily. 


Rating-2/5
Cover-4/5
 

No comments:

Post a Comment