Friday, June 1, 2012

City of Bones

                                           
Title: City of Bones by Cassandra Clare (The Mortal Instrument 1)

Publication Date: March 27,2007
Publisher: Margaret K. McElderry Books
Gift


Book Summary
  Clary Fray witnesses a murder committed by three teenagers that only she can see. The three teenagers who are Shadowhunters that rid the world or demons while keeping werewolves and vampires in line. She meets Jace, a hottie with golden blonde hair. She is brought into the Shadowhunter world after being attacked by a demon and her mother's disappearance.


Clary-I surprisingly enjoyed her character. I usually enjoy kick-butt heroines who don't need help taking down demons or evil creatures. I think her being weak at first is a great way to show how her strength will grow and become a fighter later on if she chooses. 

 

Jace- I enjoy his character even though he can be a complete asshole...(if he wasn't an asshole, I think his character would have been boring). I really enjoyed that even though he is arrogant that in the end he would do anything to protect his family.

Simon-Simon is Clary's best friend and he is in love with her (or he thinks he is). I thought his character was okay. At times I loved him but, then at times I wanted to slap him.
 
Isabelle-She can be a bitch at times but, it is just part of her personality. She is loyal to her friends and family. 

Alec- Isabelle's older brother who happens to be in love with Jace. He is the one who has both Isabelle's and Jace's back during a fight. He isn't really fond of Clary.

+ Action: I love books that have a lot of fight scenes/ action type moments that make you heart beat pump faster and this book provides it. 
 -Simon/Clary love: I found myself hating how Simon gets pissy witnessing Jace and Clary kiss even though he claims to love Clary but, kisses Isabelle. It makes him a hypocrite and me wanted to slap him.






The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare 


Rating-4/5

Cover-4.7/5

No comments:

Post a Comment