Sunday, July 29, 2012

The Golden Lily (Bloodlines series #2)



 http://criticsword.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/The_Golden_Lily.jpg



Title: The Golden Lily by Richelle Mead (Bloodlines series #2)
Publication Date: June 12,2012
Publisher:Razorbill

                             Book Summary
Sydney and the gang are still hiding out at the human boarding school. Hiding the secret of vampires and alchemist is harder than it seems. The gang are also faced with some forbidden romance and old faces along with new ones. 

Sydney- I enjoyed her character ever since she entered the scene in the Vampire Academy series. She is the opposite of Rose's character but, still tries to be a strong female. She doesn't always want to rely on the others to help her out. I enjoy her being the main character as it gives us an outside look of the Moroi/Dhampir society. I am glad she gets a bit of romance in this book. 

Jill- For some reason ever since she became Lissa's half-sibling, I have not been fond of her. I also don't like the bond between her and Adrian. I hate how she is so oblivious to certain things around her when Sydney could figure it out (and she isn't even good at romance). I hope she gets better for me as the series goes on. 

Angeline- I extremely dislike her character. She is a lot better than she was in Last Sacrifice but, she seems like a reckless copy of Rose gone way wrong. She wasn't as bad as I thought she was going to be and was bearable.  

Dimitri- Your cameo was much appreciated. He is just too sexy for his own good. I really hope that he and Adrian can patch things up. 

Adrian- I enjoy his character (not more than Dimitri though) but, sometimes I want to punch him or shake him until he realizes he needs to shape up. 

The ending: I actually liked it....but, in a way that didn't make me want to throw my book.. I didn't see the cliffhanger that everyone seems so worked up about... (Maybe I am clueless or a page is missing?)

I am anti-Sydrian :)!!!!!!  (maybe in the 3rd book I'll soften up)


Rating:4.5/5
Cover:3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment