Friday, October 26, 2012

Breathless (Blue Fire saga#1) by Scott Prussing


Title: Breathless (Blue Fire Saga #1) by Scott Prussing
Publication Date: March 25,2011
Publisher:

Book Summary
    Leesa is a young college freshman who moves from San Diego to Connecticut to find out what happened to her missing older brother and to figure out if her mothers ridiculous one fanged vampire story is true. 


Leesa- I enjoyed her character and loved how she acted strong. She has a limp but, that doesn't stop her from being as fast as normal people. 

Rave-I loved his character ever since his opening scene. I love his relationship with Leesa. I also admire how sweet he is.


Cali- Out of all the friends Leesa has, Cali is my favorite. I think she counters the fun party side that Leesa lacks.  I wish that we could see more of her and Andy's relationship.  

Stefan-I have a love/hate relationship with this character. I think he is an interesting character and wouldn't mind getting his back story but, I don't want him interested in Leesa.

Bradley- We don't get to know much about him in this book, only a few flashbacks but, from what I have learned he seems like a character I will grow to love.



                                                          Likes
                                    -The idea of Volkaanes 
                                    -The plot
                                    -Rave
                                     -3rd person point of view 
                                               Dislikes
                                    -Cliche "I am dangerous for you"/ "He is dangerous"
                                    -Kiss of death :( 
                                    -Hot guy stalking syndrome (I.E. falling for the hot guy who watches you without you knowing and being completely in love with them)
                                    -Constant references to Twilight. *Head slams against the wall*

"I think I was bitten by a vampire. A one-fanged vampire."
 "Rule number one: no gloves during sex."
 This book was breathtaking and had me wanting more after I finished. I didn't find myself skipping pages or anything but, most first books in a series lack compared to the second. I hope the other books in the series leave out the references to Twilight because it takes away from the beauty of this book.  

Rating:3/5
Cover: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment