Friday, November 30, 2012

Crimson Frost by Jennifer Estep

Title: Crimson Frost by Jennifer Estep (Mythos Academy #4)
Publication Date: December 24,2012
Publisher: K-Teen
ARC copy Thankfully given to me for an honest review via Net Galley and Kensington Publishing Corp. 


Book Summary
            Gwen is a second year student at Mythos Academy, a school for wiz kids like her. She is one of the very few Gypsy who attends the school. She has just recently helped the evil God Loki free against her will. She is arrested by Logan's father, Linus. The whole school believes she is guilty. It is a race against time to try to prove her innocence.  


Gwen: I love her character more in this book compared to the previous ones. She is starting to shape into a real fighter. Gwen is a Gypsy with the power of Psychometry. Gwen is also Nike's champion which has been past down throughout her family.

Alexei: He is a brand new character in the story and he is starting to be one of my favorites. At first I didn't like how much of a jerk he was. He is a Russian warrior and when he fights, he sounds like a really beastly fighter.

Logan: I love his character way more in this book, I feel like I get a better insight of what his character is like. In the last book he acted like a complete jerk and in this one he redeemed himself. Logan is a spartan and I enjoy hearing about his love for fighting. 

Daphne: I love how she has became Gwen's best friend throughout the series. Daphne is a Valkyrie. 

Linus: I wasn't a fan of him. I felt at times that Gwen should have punched him or Nikamedes should have. Even at the end of the book; I wasn't a fan of his. 

Vivian: She is a piece of work but, I enjoyed her character even though she is on the opposite team. I felt like her character felt real.

Nikamedes: Despite the rough patch between Gwen and him in the first few books during the third book the relationship between the two seems to become better. In the first two books, his character was just there for me, I didn't hate him or love him, I was just content with his character. 





+/- 
+/- Logan and Gwen's first official date... It started of great 
-Logan's dad, Linus. I hated his character throughout the whole book 
-Loki and the reapers. 
+The fight scenes 
+/- Alexei's character; I liked him some of them time but, other times I wanted to shake him senseless
+Russian characters
+Friends sticking by each others side
+The whole Mytho's world 


Crimson Frost is filled with a lot of action and left me on my seat wondering what Gwen was going to do next. This is my favorite out of the series so far. I didn't want to put the book down, the ending left me hanging. I can't wait until the next book. 

Rating: 4/5
Cover:  3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment