Thursday, November 15, 2012

Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion


Title:Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion
Publication Date:November 1, 2011
Publisher:

Book Summary
         R is a zombie who doesn't remember anything about his previous life, like most zombies. Like most zombies, he occasionally eats people but, he rather be riding airport escalators. He then meets a girl and his zombie world is forever changed. 

R-I love his character! If I was able to be friend a zombie, I would want them to be like R. I am an avid zombie lover and enjoy the whole brain eating concept but, I also enjoy the new insight of a zombie possibly falling in love.(Hopefully it doesn't spread like wild fire though because I like the scary looking ones) Nicholas Hoult looks like a perfect R to portray in the movie. 

Julie- I enjoy her character and it seems that she has grown a lot which is admirable in a character. I love that she is flawed and wasn't this perfect beautiful person like most stories have. 

Perry-I am not a big fan of him. I like his character a bit but, he doesn't appeal to me.

+Zombies!!!!
+/-Perry's character...At times I find him a bit likable but, most of the time I kind of want to punch him. 
+Seattle writer (Sorry but, I favor my fellow Washingtonians.)
-Julie's dad >.<
-Not enough flesh eating for my liking
+Isaac's writing style
-The blank pages (Waste paper much?)

The beginning was a bit slow for me to get into which took me months to sit down to actually finish the book. I wanted to have it read before the movie came out. I enjoyed the book enough to give it a 3 rating. I think Isaac captures details really good with this story. I am normally the type that loves the horror zombies that make you want to hide under your bed or cry for your mom but, I did like the soft side of the zombies in this book. (Gives me hope for my pet zombie not to eat me)





Rating:3/5
Cover:5/5 (I love this cover)

No comments:

Post a Comment