Saturday, November 9, 2013

Falling From Grace (Grace#1) by S.L. Naeole

8081589
Title:Falling From Grace (Grace #1) by S.L. Naeole
Publication Date: January 10,2010
Publisher: Crystal Quilt Publishing 
Borrowed from a Kindle User

Book Summary
            Grace was best friends with one of the most popular guys in school, Graham. She has never fit in and has been considered a freak. Now that she doesn't have her best friend by her side she doesn't know how she will survive her last year of high school until she meets the hot new guy. The new guy doesn't care about the rumors that are spread about her. Things get complicated when she learns that Robert (the new guy) is an angel. 

Grace Shelley-One of the most annoying heroines in a book that I have read so far. She lets everyone walk all over her and she never stood up for herself. Like most YA romance she falls head over heels for the two hottest guys. She is considered a freak by her classmates. 

Robert -He is considered one of the hottest guys in school who falls for the heroine. His character was decent most of the time. He reminded me of Edward from Twilight except not as creepy as Edward was.

Graham -My least favorite character in the book. He was selfish and arrogant. I wanted Grace to put him in his place but, of course she didn't. Like Robert, he is one of the hottest guys in Grace's school. Grace and him were best friends for most of their life until his girlfriend got in the way of their friendship. 

Stacey -My favorite character, she speaks her mind and stands up for Grace. I wish the book was about Stacey because she would make a great heroine. 

Lark-Lark is Robert's sister. I also enjoyed her character. She could be described as having an icy personality towards people but, she eventually connects with Stacey and Grace. 


+/- or Dislikes/likes
(-)Cliche book
(+) Angels 
(-)Graham
(+)I enjoy the book cover
(+) When the main character isn't selfish 
(-)Reminded me of Twilight... except no vampires in this book
(+)The fight scene was fun to read





           "Serves you right for being here,you jerk," She spats.

I really wanted to enjoy this book but, I found myself bored while reading it. (I even skipped some pages to see if it would get any better). I read the whole book since I don't like to write reviews without actually reading the book. I didn't have a problem with the writing style but, I found the plot and other parts of the book boring. I might try to read book 2 in hopes that it might be better.


Rating:1/5
Cover:3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment