Saturday, November 26, 2011

Bloodlines

                                   Bloodlines
Title: Bloodlines by Richelle Mead 

Publication Date: August 23, 2011 
Publisher: Razorbill
Pages: 432 pages


*Note:  It took me a while to read Bloodlines as I am still sadden by the ending of the Vampire Academy series. Also there might be some slight spoilers if you haven't read The Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead.


Book Summary
Sydney is an alchemist who is sent to a human boarding school to keep an eye on the Moroi Princess Jill Dragomir. She is trying to redeem her status with the alchemist who think she has grown to close to the vampires. 

Sydney- Sydney's character is first introduced in Blood Promise of The Vampire Academy series. I am still unsure of how I feel about her as the narrator of Bloodlines. 

Adrian- I enjoy his character but, I didn't really enjoy him as much in Bloodlines. 

Eddie- In Bloodlines we get to see Eddie mature into a guardian. I enjoy his character in this book. 




+/- or Dislikes/likes
(-)Micah- I was sad by this character as he reminds me of  Mason. I felt bad for Eddie because Mason was his best friend. (maybe this is Mason's long lost sibling).. 

(-) The Bond- I wasn't too keen on the bond as I am used to the bond with Lissa/Rose.  Also I don't think Adrian should have a bond as his wild lifestyle would impact Jill. I also think the bond gave Jill the nasty attitude on Rose who she once admired. 

(+)VA Cameos- I loved seeing cameos from Vampire Academy because it helps set the story in the same world except having it different at the same time.

(+)Human perspective-During The Vampire Academy series we see things through the eyes of Rose who is a Dhampir, Bloodlines is through the eyes of a human. We get to see how Sydney and other alchemist view the Royal moroi world.

(-)Adrian/Sydney- I do not like the idea of those two being together... because as Sydney believes it is wrong for a human and a vampire to be together...and she states that in the book when Micah shows interest in Jill. Yes Adrian deserves love...but, I rather see him with some unknown Moroi....  Team Trey... or in the sense for Sydney. 





Rating:3/5
Cover:4/5





















No comments:

Post a Comment