Friday, June 28, 2013

Pushing The Limits by Katie McGarry

 
Title: Pushing The Limits by Katie McGarry (Pushing The Limits #1)
Publication Date:August 3 2012 (UK)
Publisher:Harlequin UK

Book Summary
          Echo was a popular girl with a jock boyfriend but, that all changed after an incident she can't remember. Her friends try to find ways to get her back into the popular group. Noah Hutchins in the school's hot loner.When Noah comes into her life, She can't fight the crazy attraction between them.  

Echo-At times I found her character quite annoying. I'm not really a fan of the name Echo. Her character seems weak to me as she lets her friends push her around and doesn't really stand up for herself. Even towards the end of the book she doesn't really get much better. 

Noah- I enjoyed his character at times because even though he made bad choices he tried to do the right thing. He showed that he cared for more than himself. 

Aires-I enjoyed learning about his character because he seemed to be a great character compared to almost everyone in the book. I loved how he was always there for his sister.

Mrs.Collins- I enjoyed her character because she seemed to be so helpful towards both Noah and Echo. 

Ashley-She is my least favorite character throughout the book. Even towards the end I couldn't connect with her. 



+/- or Dislikes/likes
+Echo/Noah's relationship 
-The relationship between Echo's father and step mother.
-Most of the characters throughout the book 
+Writing style
-Point of view switch... (It didn't fit well with this story.) 
+Noah's relationship with his brothers
-Echo's step-mother,Ashley

Romance between Noah/Echo- I really loved how the author included this romance between the ex-popular girl and the not so popular/troubled kid. I think the chemistry between the characters was written well. 

Aires/Echo's relationship- I enjoyed reading about their relationship as Aires seemed like a really great brother and a role model to Echo. I think if he would of still been alive he would have been inspiring to his sister. 


I really wanted to love this book because the synopsis pulled me in and looked like a great book. The book started off great but, it eventually dragged on and made me skip around a bit to try to get back to into the book. I think I would of enjoyed the book a lot more if I could relate more with the main characters. I did enjoy parts of the book but, most of the time I just couldn't enjoy it. Even when the main character grows towards the end of the book it didn't feel right to me. 


Rating:2/5
Cover:3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment